Licensing & Rentals

Synchronization Licenses

If you wish to use a song for television, film, DVDs, videos, commercials, etc., you must obtain a Synchronization License. Send a request email.

Mechanical Licenses

In order to license a song for your CD, please use one of the following: For a run of 2,500 copies or fewer click here. For a run of over 2,500 copies click here. Please note that this is not for DVD or internet. For such requests, please see Synchronization Licenses.

Performance Licenses

If you wish to use a song for a performance (stage or other), you must obtain a Performance License. Send a request email.

Lyric Reprint Licenses

If you plan to reprint lyrics from a song in print format (in a book, on a CD jacket, in a magazine or on the web), you must obtain a Lyric Reprint License. Send a request email or visit on the web.

Permission To Arrange

If you would like permission to arrange a song, send a request email.


To license An American in Paris, Crazy for You (musical), Porgy and Bess (opera or musical), Nice Work If You Can Get It, My One and Only, Pardon My English, Girl Crazy, Crazy for You (youth edition), Nice Work If You Can Get (teen edition), Of Thee I Sing (amateur), Lady, Be Good! or Oh, Kay!, please contact Concord Theatricals. To license Strike Up the Band, Of Thee I Sing (professional), or Let ‘Em Eat Cake, please contact Music Theatre International. To license Lady in the Dark, please contact the Ira and Leonore Gershwin Trusts.


If you have questions regarding rentals, please contact Schott Music Corporation/European American Music Distributors. Web or Email.